Saturday, August 28, 2010

Two Weddings and a Whole Lotta Pictures....

We've gone to two weddings in the last three weeks and I took an insane number of pictures. You may not believe me, but this post is actually really paired down.

The girls with cousin Lucy

Lucy doles out some high fives

My beach girl

Kevin and Susan heading for their seats. The beach had seen weather of 85 degrees every day leading up to the wedding. On the day of the wedding it was a solid 57 degrees. Bummer. Sorry Kevin, but I had to include this one because it cracked me up....

Libby and Aunt Susan huddle for warmth.

Here comes the bride....

Bride and Groom. Kelly and Joel.

Ignoring the fact that my eyes are closed, I love the people in this picture.

The girls danced as though we'd come to the beach so they'd have their own personal mosh pit. It was also how we all warmed up. Well, that and jeans under my dress and replacing my flip flop with Uggs. Yep, always on fashion's cutting edge.

Three exhausted dance floor babies.

The next morning....

The day before Shane had told the girls that "the lovers" were on the beach, meaning Kelly and Joel. Lucy and Libby were on the balcony of our hotel looking for lovers.

Libby loved having a running arsenal of water balloons. This is the morning after the wedding at the Groshong house. Gorgeous spot.

Jump ahead one week. Amy had a meeting in Grants Pass so we got Lucy for the day. The girls tore it up in the bouncy house. Serious energy zapper. Mommy like.

Lucy throws caution to the wind and jumps down the slide. This kid can take a beating without so much as a wimper or a tear. That's good, since one of these days I fear I might have a knee jerk reaction to one of her "kiss-licks". Yes, it's exactly what it sounds like. Her mother taught it to her. I love you, Amy. I love your baby girl. I do not love a kiss-lick.


Bathtime!

Hysteria!

You can't watch little girls laugh this hard and not laugh yourself. I dare you. Try.

On Saturday we headed to Medford for the wedding reception of Shane and Amy's cousin Lane and his beautiful bride Jenna. Lane's mom Marybeth is a teacher and had lots of fun things for the kids to do. Peyton commandeered the hula hoop for the night.


The arrival of the happy couple.

First dance.

Lucy Girl.

A bedtime repeat of one week before. Lots of giggles. Both Amy and I forgot to bring books....

....so, Amy read them this. Fascinating stuff when you're two.

We got home Sunday afternoon and this was all I had the energy for. Pizza delivery is the best invention ever.


A couple of shots from this week....
Libby roasts a marshmallow when we were in Florence. It took some effort (on Shane's part) to get to this point. He'd argue this, but when it comes to building a fire, a Boy Scout he is not. I love you darlin', but get some newspaper, kindling and make a teepee for cryin' out loud. Instead, he throws some kindling in the fire pit, scrounges around for whatever kind of liquid fuel he can find, douses the kindling and throws a match at it. It's painful to watch, but as it turns out, it's a very Groshong trait. In spending time with more Groshongs in the past two weeks, I witnessed other Groshong men using this same fire building technique. The problem is that given enough time, and enough lighter fluid their technique does eventually work. I think Libby put it best though, as we sat together watching her daddy try to get his fire lit. She said, "Daddy, your fire needs more......um, fire." That's my girl.

Peyton loves using scissors. I think as she lays her head down at night she drifts off dreaming of all the perfectly in-tact pieces of paper just waiting to be destroyed at her hands. There can never be enough paper....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails