Wednesday, August 4, 2010

DIY

We've had some serious projects going around here. Moving my teaching stuff out of the shed got the ball rolling. As soon as my stuff was out, Shane built a workbench and recommissioned the shed as his space. Fine by me as that'll open up the garage for more play space for the girls. Then, we put in a sprinkler system and are loving having green grass in August for the first time since we've lived in this house. With the sprinklers in Shane decided to rip out our front lawn and put down sod.
The lawn is perfect. Isn't my subject cooperative?

Then, with that project underway he decided to rip off our back deck and replace it with pavers. We were talking about pulling out the back yard too, and laying down sod, but I think he talked me out of that today in exchange for a sandbox for the girls. We're just running out of time. We'll sod the backyard next year. Anyway, I hauled bricks from the trailer to the deck today and I'm gonna be sore tomorrow.



Yesterday while Peyton was napping I came in to check on Libby and found this. Grunny loves his girls.

Libby wants to roast marshmallows every night since camping last weekend. But with all the backyard construction I wasn't up for the campfire. So last night I made them over the stove using a fondue fork. We Skyped with Grammy Jane while they ate them. Then tonight, I was the one with the sugar craving, so I made myself one.
Then, I had another.
I need a glass of milk.

I'm hoping to post finished pictures of the deck tomorrow.
Completed.
Done.
Moving on.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails