Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hanging On The Edge

Last week I felt like I was hanging on the edge of trying to get everything organized in my classroom. During the first official week back I know I'm going to want to spend time meeting with my team and getting my classroom ready. But realistically, I'm going to be spending my time in meetings, re-trainings, curriculum trainings and more meetings. Therefore, I was feeling hugely overwhelmed trying to take the girls to school and expect them to sit quietly in a corner for hours on end without making any messes that would have to be cleaned up before leaving each day. Oh, the messes. Enter, my mom. She offered to come and gave me two full days to get some things done without trying to manage little people at the same time. I got so much done. There is still more to do, but many things I can do from home when my littles are sleeping. I have a new found appreciation for the time I do spend with the girls. On tonight's agenda, swimming, dinner and whatever else we feel like doing. Laundry, I don't love you. You'll have to wait.

And remember that mural that I decided not to do? Yeah, I even did that too. I'm feeling a little less on the edge today....


Tomorrow.... reading curriculum.

3 comments:

Debra said...

I miss you! It is so fun to see your room develop. Those kids are lucky to have you as their teacher.

Lynn said...

Jenny, I love this!!! I am addicted to your Blog. I am now up to date and can't wait to read your next entry. Ohhhhhh, how I don't envy you (I didn't mean to say that, shame on me). So, did you know that I was in room #17 in 1994-1995.

Well, you 3 didn't get to see my garden this year, so we will do it next summer with your first year under your belt.

Hang in there; you will do a fantastic job.Lynn

Stacy said...

Good call with the mural... it looks fabulous!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails