Thursday, August 26, 2010

POP!

We spent the night in Florence last night. Shane was up early to go fishing and never woke the girls. This is a milestone for us. Last year they'd have woken, cried and we'd finish the morning with me, two girls, and a 90 lb. dog in the bed. Today's wakening was a bit more peaceful. A bit.

Libby: "Moooooooom! I want Pop Tarts! (She knows they're in the trailer) Mom! Moooooooom! I want Pop Tarts!"

Peyton: "Pop."

Libby: "Mom! Moooooooom! I want Pop Tarts!"

Peyton: "Pop."

Libby: "Peyton, Pop Tarts don't pop. Mom!"

Peyton: "Pop."

Libby: "Peyton, they don't pop. I want Pop Tarts!"

Peyton: "Pop."

Libby: "Mom! Peyton thinks Pop Tarts pop!"

Peyton: "Pop. Pop. Pop."

Libby: "Mom!"

I surrendered and got up. I bet you can guess what they had for breakfast. Next on the menu: Teaching Libby how not to get so riled by her little sister. Julane, maybe I should let you take this one.......


2 comments:

Lindy said...

Beans- Love it!!! So cute. I read your blog and think about MO and I as kids ;-) By the way Lola's loves her new lunch box that Aunt Mo bought her and the cool name tag that Auntie Beans made for her. You are the best!!!! Thank you Beans! Lou

Anonymous said...

I hesitated to write this, but it was the only good advice I could come up with. It seems a little inappropriate given her age, but it's what worked best for me...

Dear Libby,
Move out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails