Thursday, June 19, 2008

Houston, We Have a Toddler...

When I went to the hospital on Monday morning I left a baby at home. When I came home on Tuesday I didn't realize my baby had morphed into a toddler. This became clear when compared to Peyton (who is sleeping roughly 22 hours a day) Libby seems a little smarter, louder, crazier, funnier, and definitely stronger willed than the child I said good night to on Sunday. For example, today after Peyton had a total diaper blowout I left her naked on the changing pad for a second. She promptly peed all over the pad which was plastic, and the pee ran all over until it was a pool and she was lying in it. Peyton was screaming. I was frantic, and Libby (who was here just a second ago) was nowhere to be found. As I started mopping up my soggy little critter, I asked Julane, "Do you know where Libby is?" And just as I said it, convinced she'd left to avoid the noise coming from her sister, here came the pitter pat of her heavy little run. And what was she carrying? A Peyton sized diaper to fix the problem. She totally melted my heart!

Being that she was such a mature little helper I thought today would be a great day to try and get some pictures of Libby holding her sister all by herself. I managed to get this first shot right before she tried to push Peyton onto the floor. The second picture is the response I got when I told her she needed to sit down. Like I said, a little stronger willed....


3 comments:

Anna Lisa said...

Love it!!! A story for the baby book for sure. Kids are just amazing little creatures - sometimes you look at them and go "what's going on in that noggen of yours?" and then something like this happens...

Anna Lisa said...

pony...i just love your blog.

rachel said...

I can't help but sit here nodding in agreement and laughing at the situation. Wow. Do we live in parallel worlds right now, or WHAT??!?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails