Thursday, January 5, 2012

Fall Recap

The bad news is that having a camera and computer down seriously cramp my style and cost money to fix. Bummer. The good news? My computer is fixed if only after a complete mental meltdown wherein I thought I'd wiped my hard drive of all of my data. Years worth. Work stuff, music, photos. All of it. I (literally) cried for joy at the Mac Store when the "Macologist" found my data and simultaneously became my own personal super hero. Mr. aMazing Mac Man. Not to minimize Shane's role. He stood supportively by my side to pick up the pieces if the results had been different. And he was the one who delivered my camera to be fixed yesterday. Here's hopin' I'll get the same results with that repair.

With a working computer and my phone I was able to organize the last few months worth of pictures and even take some new ones. Here's our fall in review....


Fall at Autzen

One of Libby's friends from school invited her to a princess glamour birthday party. When we first arrived, Libby wasn't having anything to do with having her nails painted or her hair done. She eventually let me paint her nails. After realizing that having her hair done in an up do was the ticket to getting the tiara, she agreed to that part too. In the end, she loved getting girly and celebrating with her friends.

Shane threw his back out last month. Reeeeeally out. Needed-a-walker-to-get-around-the-house-kind-of-out. I got this shot while the girls and I waited in the waiting room at Urgent Care, each of them entertained by technology. I have a picture of Daddy with his walker too, but thought twice about reliving that here. FYI, Shane's fine, but it took a week and some muscle relaxers to get him straightened out.

Lil' Chef

This picture was taken on Libby's birthday. Peyton was somewhat unimpressed with it not being her birthday.

Libby's five! She loves the presents part.....

....but still hates the singing part. We didn't even sing. This was a response to the notion that we might.

She loves the Mud Pie....

....but not the sharing of the Mud Pie. Oh my.

Presents from Grandpa Dad and Grandma Margie after dinner out.

Peyton

Peytie gets busy with some apps in my classroom....

....and loves her "ipod" she made with an Altoids tin. Thank you Tracy!

On our way to the Christmas parade.

Working like crazy to get caught up before vacation starts.

We went to the Bookstore to get our picture taken with the Duck in hopes that this would make a great Christmas card. Not so much. See the fear on their faces? Look how stiff Peyton is, and Libby's smile could not be more fake. I'm not even supposed to be in it. We tried.

Grammy Jane was a more cooperative subject.

Peyton watches Grammy Jane get her picture taken. See, Peytie? He didn't eat Grammy Jane.

Total focus.

School Christmas Program



Hunting down the perfect tree.

Tyin' 'er down. Apparently though, he tied it too tight. As the story goes, when he took it off the car, it had a spring loaded effect....

....and the top had to taped back on. Is he still my handyman if he's the one who broke it? I think yes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails