Friday, December 30, 2011

Concerned

About an hour ago, Peyton, looking concerned and holding her nose, came into the kitchen and said, "Mom, I didn't tell any lies and I'm getting a long long nose."

The list of things I wanted to accomplish over vacation is still about as long as it was a week and a half ago. Some things required the use of my personal computer which is, as we speak, somewhere in Portland getting a new hard drive as a late Christmas present. Others required the use of my camera which wasn't so lucky this year. Its faulty gear is still faulty. I can use it only by taking off the bottom plate, lubing the gear and then holding the battery in place long enough to take pictures. Oh well, right? Things sometimes just don't get done. Or in this case, life just doesn't get blogged, as it is difficult to do without a camera and the computer that holds the pictures.

What I have accomplished is a whole bunch of nothing, which is just how the girls love it. Last night we played Bingo and channel surfed till we ran into The Polar Express and then we watched the whole thing. That's good stuff.

I also super organized my Christmas stuff as I took it down this year. If you know me and my love of organizing, this was almost as fun as putting it all up. I consolidated five totes of Christmas into two, put all the ornaments into Ziploc bags with bubble wrap so I don't have to unwrap each one to know its contents and I took a load to Goodwill. I should take nine more loads to Goodwill, but I'm on vacation after all. I'd hate to exert too much energy.

Sometime in January I hope I'll have my old computer back with its new hard drive. Then, I can upload some pics and I'll be back in business. Until then, I'll be enjoying my family as we ring in the New Year together and then cheer our Ducks to a Rose Bowl victory! Happy New Year to you and your loved ones....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails