Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"Tay Momma. Me Won't."

Time is flying. It just is. I can't slow it down. I never will. Maybe it's time for me to GET OVER IT. Yesterday (and everyday before) Peyton said,
"Me want milk."
"Me go potty."
"Me did."
"Me do it!"
"Tay Momma, Me won't."
"Me want tuptakes!"
"ME WANT TUPTAKES!"

I never correct her because I know kids acquire language and evolve when they're ready, not when we are. Then today I went to work. And then I came home.

And Peyton said, "I want milk."
"I go potty."
"I did."
"I do it."
"I want tandy (candy)."
"I eat tuptakes."

I watched her age right before my eyes, and tried not to panic. They're just pronouns. I should save my panic for things like playground bullies, meltdowns over long division and boys, right?

They're just pronouns.

And besides, she still refuses to call water anything other than "dah." We know she can say it. She refuses. It's her little game. That's alright. "Dah" it is, sister. We've got all kinds of time.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh I love this. It breaks my heart though. I hate when wee ones break out from their little language quirks. My friend's little boy used to say "ODAY ODAY!" instead of "Okay, Okay!" I was so sad the day he said it correctly. Hugs to my Groshong girls. I will see you in 3 weeks!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails