Monday, November 15, 2010

Healthy Teeth and the Gabba Gang

Guess who had their first trip to the dentist this week? It was Libby's idea. After reading some books about the dentist, and knowing other kids who've already gone, she pestered me to make and appointment and so I did. She told me that she'd be the first to have her turn and promised to be an example to her little sister who might not love the idea. But, when the time came, look who was the only one who would sit in the exam chair....
They did both have their teeth examined, however, and both were given the thumbs up for clean, healthy mouths. Both chose a princess toothbrush afterward.

Later that night....

Yo Gabba Gabba came to town on Monday, but we'd already decided we weren't going to take the girls to see the show. School night, expensive etc. But, I got home and got online to see if there were tickets left and when I saw that there were, I couldn't not go. Letting things go is not my strong suit. I knew the girls would LOVE it.
We didn't tell them where we were going. Instead we just told them to put their shoes and coats on. We were going somewhere, but it was a surprise. In the process I discovered that if, in the future, I'd like them to move faster, all I have to do is tell them we're taking them for a surprise. If I'd only known earlier.... Anyway, we walked into the lobby of the Hult Center and Peyton yelled, "MOM! YO GABBA GABBA!!!" There were kids in costume, adults in costume and an excitement you could feel.


First, we ran up and down the stairs while we waited for the doors to open.


Once the doors opened....

We found our seats....

....and put on our D.J. Lance Rock glasses....

....and waited.

....and waited. And reassured the girls that the show WOULD start.

The curtained opened, the music started and our girls FREAKED out. Not in a good way. Libby jumped into Shane's lap, Peyton clung to me and yelled, "MOM! I HAVE TO GO POOOOOOOOOOP!" The Gabba Gang literally scared it out of her. I tried to convince her that she could wait, because after all Babe, these tickets cost Mommy and Daddy lots of money. And you were supposed to love this. It's Yo Gabba Gabba. You love these guys. They don't scare you. Remember Muno and Brobie? Let's stay and watch them. Wanna? You can probably guess who won. We went to the bathroom and she did not produce what she promised.

Anyway, we made our way back to our seats and by intermission the girls decided they were having fun. The lights came up, there were balloons to play with and Shane took Libby to the lobby to buy himself a beer her a cookie.


By the second half of the show they abandoned the safety of our laps and threw caution to the wind to dance in the isles with the other kids.


Getting funky with their bad selves....


On the way home, everyone was tired.
I'm including this picture for those who knew me as a kid. Look at the stance here. Genetic? For sure. This is the exact pose my family would mock me with as a child. This was my move when I was mad and my family would imitate me, setting me off further. She's even got the lips right. Keep it up, Peytie. Hold your ground, Babe. I'm with you.


2 comments:

Rose said...

Your photos are great! Thanks again for sharing them with me. I posted tonight. Love the narrative of waiting for the show and then the freak-out at the start :)

Donna, Champuru.net said...

My 2-year-old daughter LOVES Yo! Gabba Gabba but too bad they're not coming to Hawaii. Boo. Maybe next time.. Looks like a fun time!

Related Posts with Thumbnails