Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Winchester Bay

Two weekends ago we went camping with our friends, the Priaulxs. (Jamie, how DO I write the plural form of your last name, anyway? I Googled it, but I'm not confident that I have it right.) Anyway, we camped at Winchester Bay and had one day of great weather. As for the other days, we had a Duck game to distract us from the drizzly outdoors.

Look Ma, no hands!

Beautiful....

We took the girls down on the dock to go crabbing. We may as well have taken them onto a 100 foot high rock cornice and let them play. I was so sure that one of them would get bumped into the water that I couldn't relax. There was a wobbly dock, lots of yelling, some gasps (from me and Jamie) a few tears and the seagulls stole all of our bait when we weren't looking. I'm sure the locals were entertained. I can tell you this: Not one of them would guess that Shane is a "professional in the outdoors" (Yes, those are his own words.) Here's an idea.... I think next time I'll put my kids in life jackets so I don't have to be on high alert every second. You'd think I would have thought of that....

Shane and Devin got Libby and Kendal set up for fishing. They fished for a grand total of..... five minutes, maybe?

Jamie and Kolbi

It looks peaceful enough.

This pelican hung around for a while and once Peyton spotted him, she wouldn't loosen her grip on whatever adult was watching her at the moment. We need to work on her fear of most wildlife.


Friday night sunset.

On Saturday Shane and Devin took the kids down to the Jetty to look at the bar. Jamie and I both gave strict orders to come back with all kids. They came back wet, sandy and happy. Good job, dads. Peyton took a bath in the sink to get warm.

Peyton and I watched the first half of the Oregon/Cal game in our bed. By the end of the game the whole crew piled in.

Sunday was a little soggy....


....but the kids didn't care.




1 comment:

Rose said...

I can tell you having life jackets on makes a big difference! My aunt and uncle live on a house boat and the community has a rule that kids under 12 have to wear a life jacket on the docks. I was still nervous but not nearly as much as I would have been without one! Luckily our little one doesn't mind wearing one.

Great photos, as usual. looks like a lot of fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails