Friday, November 5, 2010

Trick-or-Treat!

I'd have put pictures up sooner, but this was conference week. Conferences went well, though it's always a great feeling when they're done. So, I'm rewinding to last Sunday, Halloween....

In an attempt to figure out how to put curls in Libby's hair, I did this to my poor Peyton. She didn't mind, though. Still, it wasn't quite the outcome I'd hoped for, so my little Annie went about her trick-or-treatin' with straight hair. I did curl it with a curling iron, but the girl definitely has her momma's hair, so the curls didn't last.

I think Libby was happy to let Peyton be my test subject.

I spent some time sorting through the girls' clothes last week and had to get a picture of Peyton in such a cute (and girlie) outfit.

My mom grew this pumpkin in her garden. Isn't it cute? I know I'm not the first to think of this carving, but given our ranking and the color of the pumpkin, I couldn't resist.

Getting ready to trick-or-treat....

At first Peyton refused to wear her hat saying it was, "too hot", so I gave her some antennae by putting in pigtails.


Our own Sandy

Peyton loads up in the car, stinger and all.

First stop, Mark and Amy's house....

....where Ella Boo was busy carving pumpkins with her mom and dad.

Second stop, Lynn and Ken's house. My friend Lynn and I taught together, though she's retired now. That's Lynn in the alien mask, with Ken behind. Peyton was asleep in the car.

Next, we had dinner with Dave and Becky and then set out to trick-or-treat in their neighborhood. We did the same thing last year, but only made it to one house. This year we had along our secret weapon..... Michael. He was ALL about the trick-or-treating and our girls followed with gusto. There's no doubt in my mind we made it to as many houses as we did because Michael was in the lead.

Pounding the pavement

That's one happy Buzz Lightyear....

This is James (aka THE celebrity among the toddler set) that lives across the street from Dave and Becky. Also, father to a child in Libby's class. When Libby first saw him on the street she said, "Mom! It's the Yo Gabba Gabba guy!" If you have small kids, I'm sure you know Yo Gabba Gabba. So you can appreciate then how James SO looks the part. The best part though, is that he'd open the door and yell, "Yo Gabba Gabba!" So great!

Checking out their loot

Our last stop of the night was the Nelsons where our Ella Boo was gettin' her quack on. Are you kidding me? Look at that little duck.

Quack quack! Bring on November!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails