Wednesday, July 20, 2011

May Day Poo Poo!

These are both pictures of Peyton taken in the last month of what appears, on the surface, to be a simple inability to slide forward.


On a larger scale, I think, it's more an illustration of our child who gets herself into trouble and usually realizes it only after it's too late. A leap before looking sorta thing. By then, there may be any number of results. Crying. Panicking. Shrieking. Often a Time Out. And it's not just on playground equipment. Yesterday, we were wrestling and tickling, I made a motion to remove myself from her choke hold, only to have her grab a handful of my hair and yank. I mean YANK. The look on her face that followed said, "I know I'm in trouble here. I really shouldn't have done that. I don't know what went wrong. It all just happened so fast. May Day, May Day! Someone? What's my next move?!"

I'll catch her having a dialogue with herself sometimes and when I interject with something like, "Peyton, I love you." Her reply without missing a beat is, "No you don't."

Ugh. What is that? She's quick. Witty. Funny even. But sometimes she so says the wrong thing and always before there's even a thought. Ah, and therein lies the problem. There's no time for a thought.

And she's at that age where everything is funnier when followed by the words "poo poo". For example, "I love you poo poo head Libby (suprisingly, Libby does not feel the love). I'm wearing my poo poo panties! I saw that man's poo poo nose! I love poo poo water balloons. I see Grunny's poo poo bottom! I'm wearing my leggings so you can't see my poo poo pooooooper!"

You get the idea. Three is sooooooo the new two.

When we got home from camp today (sticking her bottom in my general direction): "Mom, where is my lunch and my poopie buns?" I think she was telling me she was hungry, but actually making sense is always secondary to including a poo reference. Sigh.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails