Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pumpkin Patch

We were busy this weekend. We went to the pumpkin patch yesterday and today we went to two different parties. As I'm writing this Shane is snuggling in bed with Peyton watching t.v., because she's so exhausted we're trying to temporarily cork the crying so we can make a bedtime plan. It seems to be working for the moment.

Little Miss Independent gets her own water (and ice) from the fridge.

Peyton snuggles with daddy after he introduces her to a dinnertime first, cream corn. Blech.

Snuggly

Heading for the pumpkin patch.


But first, a stop to feed the goats.





The girls rode the cow train by themselves this year....


They were so happy, and so grown up.


As the train took off down the field I surprised myself by getting all teary. It surprised Shane too, and he loved pointing it out because he's usually the one crying. But look at this picture, would you? We just bought the girls a ticket, put them in a barrel behind a four wheeler and without any hesitation they rode off without us. It helps to know they'll have each other, but this was a "bigger picture" moment for me. Libby has friends at school who I've never met. She writes the letter four, which I didn't teach her. She's absorbing things in the world that I'm not a part of, and while I'm thrilled that she's the little sponge she is, I just want to be there to see them soak it all up. And I can't be. At least not always. What if my little sponges soak up the wrong things?

..... So, I guess I keep pouring on the love during our time together, and always be there when the train stops....

...and rest assured I'm not the only one who loves these little girls. Sigh.




Picking sunflower seeds.



Picking LOTS of sunflower seeds.

Navigating the hay maze.

Two little ghouls, and one not-so-little spook.

Done wore out....

....and I am too. So, the pumpkin party pictures will have to wait till tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails