Friday, July 18, 2008

Friends

We're home from Astoria and because I can't stand staying cooped up at home for long we got together with some old friends this week which was really fun. On Thursday Rachelle and Cathy, who were my very first teaching partners at Santa Clara, came over and brought not only lunch, but also gifts and hand-me-downs for both girls! I recently described Cathy and Rochelle to someone as my "dream team" in my first two years of teaching. Thankfully, we don't have to be teaching together in order to get together and catching up was great.

Then, today the girls and I went to Lynn and Ken's house for lunch. Lynn was my teaching partner for a few years in third grade. I've described Lynn as the Energizer Bunny, and if you could see her garden you'd know it's an accurate description. Libby followed her all around the garden picking and eating yummy treats. The raspberries were her favorite. Ken got out some manipulatives for her to play with and we had a nice time catching up. I've been so fortunate over the years to have worked with some great people who I no longer call colleagues, but friends.

Tonight the girls and I went to the rehearsal and dinner for our friends Amy and Mark who are getting married tomorrow. Libby is a flower girl in the wedding and seems delighted with her position. I'm too tired right now to go download the pictures from my camera, but I know I'll take a million pics tomorrow too, so......stay tuned. Unfortunately, Libby has a brand new scab on the same knee that just finished healing. Fortunately, the dress hits her below the knee. :)

We spent time this morning on the front step playing with the water toys. Peyton was in my arms, and Libby did her thing in the bucket of water. It was a great time filler and the house was still clean when we were done. The problem with being home for too long is that the house gets too messy. When we have activities outside the house (even if it's only in our driveway), then I don't have to clean the house at the end of the day......again.

Both girls are in bed. Shane's on his way home, first stopping to have a beer at the rehearsal dinner/party which is going later than the girls (or I) could do. We did the party in shifts. It's bedtime for me.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails