Monday, August 13, 2012

Project Couch Construction (a.k.a. Why I Haven't Touched My Blog in Awhile)

Things are about to slow down a bit around here. Just in time to get ready for school to start. We've been busy with the construction of a new couch, a project that was born out of the desire to have a place where our whole family could crash together. A place to snuggle, read books and take great naps.

In the beginning, Shane wasn't convinced. So, I used my technology skills as persuasion and mapped out the exact dimensions of our room.


Then, I found inspiration all over the internet....




....and in furniture I found at a wedding....

....and at Costco.


We bought two twin mattresses....

....which sat on our living room floor....

....since we'd already sold our furniture on Craigslist.


Shane bought the steel, got the welder and got busy welding, grinding and sanding.

I sewed like a mad woman and finished the last pillow yesterday....


Of course, the girls have their own ideas....


....and so does Grunny.

My favorite thing is that every last part of it is washable, a must for the way we live.

3 comments:

Hurls said...

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!! I can not believe you made that! So, so impressed. I hope to someday jump on your couch, then nap with Grunny!!!! Nice job!

ju said...

Can't wait to see it in person! Football season starts in 16 days...

kasey higbee said...

this is amazing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails