Friday, August 17, 2012

Camp

Libby did full day camp this summer for the first time. 8-3 for five days in a row just about did her in. On Thursday afternoon I crawled up next to her on our bed where she was watching cartoons and said, "Do you love camp?" She answered back sleepily, "Yeah, I love it. I can't wait till it's over." It totally wore her out.

On Monday when we dropped her off, I stopped to take this picture and then got all weepy over Libby being old enough to drop off at camp. Shane turned around and goes, "Are you crying?" I don't know what happened. It just happened. I did manage to pull myself together so Libby wouldn't see me and start her own waterworks. Parenting surprises me sometimes.

Happy Campers

Peyton and Zari wait for their big sisters to be done with camp, and long for next summer when they can go too.

I'm ending with this article that illustrates the best of people when an election year seems to bring out the parts of people I like the least. C'mon people, can't we all just get along? The righties and the lefties? This is why I'm a teacher and not a politician.... Go read it. It's reeeeeeally good.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails