Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Jam Packed July

Our July was, and has always been, crazy busy. We ran in track meets, went swimming, played with our neighbors, did camping trip after camping trip, had a garage sale and built a new sectional. Okay, Shane built it, but I designed it (pictures later).

About three weeks ago we had a family meeting of sorts, and I informed Shane that next year I will not overcommit myself like this again. It's too crazy. Anxiety producing, even. Then he asked me exactly which things I'll be cutting out next year. And my answer? "Ummmm.... the garage sale."

That's the problem, I guess. I don't want to give up any of it. August slows down a bit, though, so I guess I'll just enjoy a little room to breathe, and try to updated my blog, before September's insanity.

In other news, yesterday, as I ran around town with Peyton in tow, she fell asleep in her car seat. I decided to carry her through the hardware store asleep, knowing I'd be quick since I only needed one thing. As I unbuckled her and picked her up, she straightened up, looked me in the eye and called me a "Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins" before falling back to sleep on my shoulder. Love that kid.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Seriously...it happens EVERY summer. How is it August already?! Next summer, I SWEAR, will consist of long, lazy days...

Related Posts with Thumbnails