Sunday, October 2, 2011

Well, Hello October.

I brought school work home this weekend. Guess how much of it I worked on? None. Nada. Zip. Instead, I spent two days doing nothing but being with my family. It was awesome. Even then, this morning I woke up so tired and this house was void of coffee. I laid by the fire for the first two hours trying to get my eyes to open. They wouldn't. Finally, the girls and I went to the coffee stand to wake me up. It was raining. Libby got dressed and put on her rain coat. Peyton put on her swimsuit. It was the perfect illustration of the differences between our girls. Then, we came home, made breakfast and spent some time being crafty together. I love a weekend.

Here is a look back at some of the highlights of the last few months.....

The girls want to start earning money, mostly because they love The Dollar Tree. Hello, chores. And saving.


These people make me so happy.

Lately, the girls seem to disagree on a lot. But they both agree on what they like to watch on t.v. My little zombies snuggle in to watch.....well, anything on Nick Jr.

Future Fire Fighter....

....or Princess.

Grunny's optimistic where there's food. Poor Grunny. The other night he followed Shane out to the front yard when he went out to his truck before bed. Shane didn't know he'd followed him out. At 1:30 we woke to the sound of whining at the front door. We're too tired and too distracted these days. Luckily, he's got that unconditional thing down that canines are known for.

Look at all of the wheeled options. S-p-o-i-l-e-d.

Someone found the sunscreen.

The girls had the best time drawing on Bebo's chalkboard when we stopped by after Dave shaved off her hair. She looks great. Libby told her (from a distance) that she looked silly, and (swimsuit clad) Peyton rubbed her hands around on her head. Many of you have asked how Bebo's doing. She says she has her moments, after all she's kicking breast cancer's @$$ and that's hard work, but I think she's doing amazing. She stopped by this morning on her way home from the farm. Her last round of chemo is next month. Woot Woot!

Grammy Jane is back with us every week and it's been so great for all of us. The girls love having her here and so do we. However, when I mentioned next year, she took me firmly by the shoulders, looked me in the eye and said, "Start making a plan for next year." All good things must come to an end, I guess, and we can't believe she's done this for us this long. Thanks Mom.

We're considering pageants. Not really.

I can't remember why Libby was so hysterical. Maybe because she's wearing nothing but a bib? I can't remember why she was wearing a bib.

Libby's more of a builder....

....Peyton, more a destroyer. Check out the intensity on her face.

An evening outside.


Libby tries, but her would-be passenger has other plans.


I took this picture today. Libby spends much of her time these days with a pencil, or a marker in her hand writing her letters, words and even copying sentences. Tonight though, I made her take a break, because she gets so frustrated when her letters don't turn out perfectly. She's her toughest critic and can be reduced to tears over lower-case a versus lower case e. We're working on making mistakes and moving on without tears.

Before I go to bed, I've got to post this. We don't even know how she learned to do it, but she just says she learned here at home with Grammy Jane. I'll get my mom on video this week. In this first video all the shouting is Peyton, right up until she's sees Daddy eating something, and leaves us for food.

And of course, if monkey see, monkey do. Check out the technique we call the head-bob. It's our favorite.

I'll end with this as they are the 36 reasons I haven't touched my blog in a month. Though, only 34 of them are pictured here. I will say this.....they are a really nice groups of kids.....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails