Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fallin' Two

The girls were at my mom's house last week. I thought I'd work a ton and get all caught up. Ha! and Ha ha! I did get a little ahead of where I was a week ago, but please...... When will I figure it out? This job doesn't end till June. I'll catch up in June. That sounds good in theory. What I did accomplish was a nap every day after work, something I did pre-invasion of the littles. Still, I'll happily give up my naps for the craziness that has become our life.

For the girls, the week ended with a walk up the Butte on Friday afternoon. I was teaching math in my classroom. My phone rang. I told my class to ignore it and keep working. It rang again. Huh. Weird. On the third ring I said, "Boys and girls, someone needs my attention." So I answered my phone. It was my sister, which was weird because I'd talked to her twenty minutes before. She said, "Hi. It's me. Don't panic." I later gave her a hard time about that opening line, because how do you NOT panic? In the end we decided it was better than, "Hey it's me. Her injuries are not life threatening." or "Hey, I need your insurance information." I couldn't come up with anything better. Suggestion box is open.....

Anyway, back to The Butte. The short story is that Peytie was walking with her hands in her pockets and fell forward, catching herself with her chin. She ended up with a pretty deep cut that required some stitches, so my mom and sister took her in and had her sewed up. She was a rock star. She's super proud of the fact that she got a shot and "didn't even cry" (though she was mostly numb already). And she thought the doctor was hysterical because he listened in all the wrong places to find her heartbeat. Silly doctors.

If I'd had to guess, I'd have put my money on Peyton to be the first to need stitches. But in fairness, when Libby bit her lip, she did require some glue. Those are our girls. We're raising 'em tough..... And you should also know that one minute before this happened my mom taught her how to put her hands up into her sleeves so in the event that she should fall, she'd be able to catch herself. But what would I write about then?


Up next......Halloween!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails