Monday, April 18, 2011

A Discovery Day Off

Today was a (fabulous) furlough day for me and the weather took a much needed turn for the better. I've been wanting to take the girls to the A.C. Gilbert Children's Museum in Salem for awhile now, and since it wasn't a holiday or weekend (no crowds) and the weather was decent, today turned out to be the perfect day. The girls loved it and we'll definitely be back!

Libby steers clear.




I think the best part, or at least the part where we spent most of our time, was the enormous play structure. And by enormous, I mean eNORmous. Huge. GiGANtic. When we first got there, Shane and I tried to tag team the girls so we could keep track of them, which proved nearly impossible. Luckily, since it wasn't at all crowded, we could usually see Libby and keep track of Peyton by her voice. She's louder than most, you know.

The bottom of Libby's feet as she tries to navigate above me.

Peyton liked the sternwheeler and the train.


I chased Peyton up to the top and then she fearlessly sat herself in the slide and was gone. I knew the fastest way to get to wherever she went was just to follow, but I second guessed this decision because it was pitch black inside and went on forever. I also worried that she might stop herself and I'd plow into her. Neither was the case and the girls (especially Libby) loved the slide. They went over and over.


After one trip down the slide Libby jumped out and ran for the top again without missing a beat. As she climbed she shouted, "I can't believe you taked me here!"




Let's swing!


Peyton and I get brave.

Libby loved milking this cow and kept coming back to it.



The bubble room.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails