Friday, December 4, 2009

Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving in Bend hanging with family. Here are the highlights from a great weekend....

Mom and Julane wanted to go for a pre-turkey walk to burn some calories. I planned to nap on the couch. But, with enough persuasion I put on my running shoes and, as it turned out, everyone went.
Bundled up and ready to move.... It was actually a beautiful, warm day.
Walking the trail to the playground.....
This is a great playground not far from my mom's house. The kids played at first, but it proved too much fun for the adults to resist.
Peyton cracks me up.
After awhile the boys looked a little bored. So, Jamison made up an obstacle course and Jayden and I ran it. Then, Julane couldn't stand it, and thinking she could beat me, she joined in for the second round. I SMOKED THEM BOTH! The rock climbing wall was their downfall, and I'm proud to say this gymnast has STILL got it! This picture was taken on ready..... set.....
A family picture to celebrate my victory. You can't tell in this picture how winded I was.
Julane's family and pups....
The whole gang....
Sisters....

This next series of pictures is Jayden trying to teach our girls how to roll down a hill. They don't quite have it mastered, but there's lots of time and many more hills....



Jim and Julane on the walk home. Sweet little moment with a whole lotta love....
Jayden clears the ditch. Julane and I grew up playing with our neighborhood friends in this ditch. We'd collect snails, throw rocks, rope swing across and occasionally return home wet. Really great memories....
Peyton's was the only picture I took of Thanksgiving dinner. Nobody went hungry.
On Saturday we met my dad and Margie at their new house for a ribbon cutting and some champagne. The house is done and they're moving small stuff this week, big things next weekend. The house is great, and they're glad to see the end of this big project.

The kids loved having an empty house to run though. They'll be so disappointed when the furniture gets moved back in.
The girls loved playing the shower. Better than the laundry chute I guess...
After our champagne celebration we went out to dinner. Libby got a new camera for her birthday. She loves it, and isn't big on the idea of sharing this particular present.
What I don't have a picture of is the date Shane and I had on Friday night after Thanksgiving. We had appetizers and drinks at Anthony's and The Pine Tavern and sat and talked to each other. We used to do that four nights a week, and we never called it a date! Life's changed.

1 comment:

jayden said...

you did not smoke me in the obstacle course

Related Posts with Thumbnails