Monday, December 14, 2009

Binky Blues....

Nap time:
It finally happened. After snipping miniscule pieces from the tip of Libby's binky for weeks now, she finally realized where we're headed, and had a meltdown of nuclear proportions this afternoon. It doesn't help that all four of us have had colds in the last week, and we spent the afternoon running errands that none of us wanted to do. At nap time Peyton went down easily (Thank You), and I sat holding Libby in her bed for close to an hour. It was a pretty one sided conversation we had. It went something like this:

"I don't like it get smaaaaaaaaaaaller."
"I don't want to be threeeeeeeeeeeee."
"I wanna turn twooooooooooooooooo."
"I don't like to have a biiiiiiiiirrrrrrrthdaaaaaaaaaay."
"I don't like the binky fairy takin' my biiiiiiiiiinkyyyyyyyyyyy."
"I want my lellow biiiiiiiiinkyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy."
"I don't like my binky get smaaaaaaaaaaaaalleeeeeeeeeerrrrrrr."

I held her and loved her, and resisted the temptation to go get her a binky hidden in the drawer of Peyton's dresser. She finally fell asleep. Victory. I'm hoping bed time will be better, but if not, we'll do it all over again........

Bed time:
Bedtime went much better. Libby got to stay up a little late because she napped forever after all of that crying. She gave me one little whine, but stopped after I reminded her that Daddy's taking her for a doughnut in the morning. We are on our way to becoming a BINKY FREE HOME!

1 comment:

Julane Dover said...

Good job momma!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails