Monday, August 24, 2009

My Anna Lisa

Libby is taking everything in and repeating what she thinks is funny.  Here's proof:  Today I asked her, "Libby, what's daddy doing?"  Her reply?  "Keepin' it real."  Shane and I just cracked up. That's our girl.  I'm so behind on.... well, everything actually.  But our blog is not just for the purpose of keeping in touch with our loved ones.  It also serves as a reminder for us about what we've been doing together.  We've been doing a lot together which has left little time for blogging. Here's what's new with us.....

First of all, my Anna Lisa is leaving me this week.  Yep, moving back to southern California from which she first came to me.  Movers came today and will come again tomorrow and they head south on Wednesday.  I knew this day was coming, but still I'm bummed.  Here's the good news.... We both love our technology.  Cell phones, facebook, email.  We actually see each other digitally more now than in person and that's been true since we had our kids.  The bad news is we can't do these things at the drop of a hat:

Drink too much at Mcmenamins the banks of the Willamette river.
Share looks across the table at staff meetings.
Share perspectives on teaching.
Rehash our teaching days face to face and then go get fast food or ice cream.
Go out to lunch.
Bike the river trail.
Bike Whistler, though I do have plans to do this again with you guys.....
Meet at TCBY for dollar waffle cones.
Eat ice cream and brownies while rehashing the latest celebrity gossip.
Push our strollers on the river trail while the boys skate and the kids play.
Birthday parties!

This is just a short list.

My pony, I will never again hear crickets chirp, or a bike horn without thinking of you.  I'm so glad we found each other.  I'm so happy for you and your family.  We love you guys and your beautiful boys.  See you soon!

I guess that's all I have in me tonight.  I'll post some pictures tomorrow....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What is it about California that takes our good friends away? I got misty reading your post because it brought back all the emotions of my good friend Jill leaving DK to go back to CA. I feel your pain, yes, thank goodness for technology.

Related Posts with Thumbnails