Tuesday, August 4, 2009

August Already?

This kid is a climber and takes the falls to prove it.  Shane thinks she might have potential as a downhill mountain biker.  I'm thinking snowboarding....  Today she climbed up in her high chair and I was sweeping fabric scraps on the floor under her.  She had a misstep, and just as she hit the floor I put my hand out and caught her head.  It was a proud moment for me.  Like I was in a commercial..a mom so good a multi-tasking that no matter where in the house the fall happens, I'm there to catch her.  Of course it never works out that way, so when I was there today, it felt good.
Guess who has learned to remove her own diaper?
Here are the girls in their chairs that my friend Becky made them.  They were presents for their first birthdays.  Becky just finished a big move, and I don't know when she found the time, but we love Peyton's chair.  And Peyton does too!
Bebo brought Peyton her chair, and brought Pop Rocks for Libby.  Pop Rocks and Bebo...What's not to love?
Saying goodbye to the excersaucer...
Spaghetti night...

They get so wound up at bedtime.  Julane and I used to do the same thing.
"Uh, where are you going with that?"  
Love for the boys.... Libby will say to me, "Those my cousins?"  Yep, girl.  Those your cousins.
Sharing the sprinkler at Grammy Jane's.
Peyton has some water time while Libby picks raspberries with the boys.
Woah Trigger.
We had dinner with our friends Paul and Patty last Friday night.  Both girls started out fully clothed, and ended the (very hot) evening naked in a bucket of water.  Oh, to feel so free.
The girls are always so happy to play with their toys when we get home.  Libby has recently become a fan of dress up.  Whose kid is she?  Anyway, Peyton got in on the fun too....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails