Wednesday, August 13, 2008

New Discoveries

Poor Peyton is getting very little coverage today because her big sister is doing something new every time we turn around. Here are some of her new discoveries:

Pockets. Libby loves her pockets. The problem is that she tends to put her hands in them and then she runs. Some things must be learned the hard way I guess.

Doors. The other day Peyton was asleep so I brought Libby into the bathroom with me so I could get a quick shower. Usually she likes to brush her teeth or play with things on the counter or in the drawers. Not so anymore. She turned around, opened the door and walked out as if she's always been able to open doors.

Here she is getting pretty with lip gloss supplied by our good friend Becky Bones (Bebo).

Sharing the love (and beautiness) with Bebo.

Peyton smiles after a little snuggle time on our bed.

Libby has rediscovered the bouncy seat. It's the perfect spot to watch t.v.

Big news! Libby pooped on the potty today. We are not potty training necessarily, but she was grunting and turning red so I asked her if she wanted to sit on the potty. She didn't protest and produced something even daddy could be proud of. I edited the picture a little so I wouldn't totally gross anyone out. After we celebrated with a piece of chocolate we took the potty seat outside to show Shane what she'd done. He looked in the bowl and said, "looks like someone has eaten corn." I guess we'll have to work on his enthusiasm.

When we came back inside I had Libby sit in her chair so I could get a picture. She wasn't thrilled. I think she was afraid I was going to put her back on the potty. A bigger challenge in all of this might be Grunny. Notice in this picture he is licking his chops? I think we'll have to work hard to remember to always close the lid!

We had a play date tonight with our Birth to Three group. Five of seven families were there and Libby had a great time eating snacks, playing in the yard, and splashing at the water table. Here she is with her friends: Garret, Ara, Emma, Libby and Michael.


Playing in the water with Michael...

2 comments:

Julane (Lussier) Dover said...

Hugs to you all. Missin' you!!!

Anna I. said...

You beat me to it! I'll put mine up sometime today...we got home last night and instead of blogging, decided we needed to pick up the house before someone killed themselves on train tracks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails