Monday, August 25, 2008

Loon Lake

Shane already has the trailer at the coast for his fall Chinook season. Sunday though, he had a cancellation, so on Saturday night I packed up Grunny and the girls and we headed to the coast with the intention of checking out Loon Lake. It's a popular spot for people in our town and I'd never been. I really missed a great photo opportunity on the beach at the lake. Libby was having so much fun playing in the water and I was having fun playing with her, and talking to friends that we ran into, and I just didn't take many pictures. Anyway, these are the photos from our time with Grammy Jane, and then our weekend at the coast.

On Thursday my mom and I took the girls to one of the farms by our house. Libby loved the playground and this was her first time on a merry-go-round. When it was time to leave she had a total meltdown.

On Friday we went to a great park on the river trail. I walk by this one once in a while, but never stop for Libby to play because I don't know yet how I'd manage holding Peyton, chasing Libby and keeping the jogger close. So, we went while Grammy Jane could go too, and it was a huge hit!

It has a great sand and water feature.

A steep hill, but they did it together!

Grammy Jane couldn't resist picking berries while I sat down on a bench to feed Peyton. We were all grateful for the goodies she picked.

Bedtime on Friday night. Nothing cuter than girls in their pajamas.


Does this look suspicious or what?

Libby has rediscovered all of her old toys and baby accessories. The ones we keep in the trailer are no exception.

Snuggling with my baby.

Our favorite dinner spot is a short walk from where we keep our trailer. I pushed the girls and Shane did some boardin'.

We stopped to take in the scenery. Notice how perfectly the board fits on top of the jogger? Like it was meant to be.

Libby liked climbing the steps up and down to the gazebo. She discovered her sweatshirt has pockets.

Such a happy girl!

Here is the only shot I got of Libby at Loon Lake. I'm kicking myself for not getting a better shot of the beach or even one of the lake. It's such pretty spot. Libby was playing in the sand while we talked to our friends Michael, John and Devin. I was a nanny when I was a student at the U of O for John (3) and Devin (5). Their parents are Ty and Michael. Now, this makes me feel old. John is 17 this year and is going to be a Senior and Devin in starting his Junior year at U of O. Sigh. Time Flies.

Libby sports her rocker t.

Worn out from too much fun.

2 comments:

rachel said...

When I read the nannying part, I first read it as the kids were 3 and 5 NOW. It didn't make sense to me... you weren't at the UofO just 3 years ago!!! ha! Then I read further... and it made ME feel old, too!!
Your girlies are way too cute. Keep posting!

Julane (Lussier) Dover said...

Can't wait to get some snuggles in- Peyton is looking different- I gotta get over there. :) Love you, Ju

Related Posts with Thumbnails