Wednesday, September 5, 2012

We Made It!

Moments weren't pretty.  I couldn't sleep last night, and today I boohooed more than once, but never actually in front of students.  A report from the cafeteria was that Libby got a little overwhelmed in the morning, but never shed tears.  Shane later told me that Libby didn't cry, but he did.

As my class arrived on the playground for  morning recess, Libby's class was leaving the playground, so I ducked behind Shelly, our Speech Pathologist, who had just been with the kinders and she reported that Libby was doing great.  Jennifer had a conversation with her in her classroom, and also told me there hadn't been a single crisis yet.  The adults in the building know her and connected with her, putting this momma (somewhat) at ease.

When I arrived home 45 minutes ago both girls were clamoring to tell me about their days.  Peyton said stayed on the swing for the entire recess and Libby loves that her class gets two recesses.  She played on the monkey bars and climbed the entire length of them, "without YOU mom!"  Sigh.  Yep.  Without me.

Good day.  Maybe tomorrow will be easier.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails