Saturday, September 29, 2012

I'll just start with today....

I get a month behind on my blog regularly.  Right now, I'm three months behind.  I considered moving ahead without looking back. But since this is how I document our family happenings, I really can't do that.  There are no professional pictures.  There aren't artsy scrapbooks.  This is what I do.  The volume of pictures is ridiculous, though.  And I forget things.  I can't remember the thing that Libby said to me in the car this morning that made me laugh out loud and I promised myself I'd write it down before I forgot.  I lost it  before we even got to the next stop sign.  This might become a serious issue as forty is waiting just around the corner.

Anyway, I decided I'd just start with today and writing something.  Here goes....
  
Libby's writing phonetically.  This is a big step for her.  She was willing and even proud of herself for trying it.  I tried to get her to do it last summer, but she refused.  She wasn't willing to take a "guess and go" approach and insisted I tell her how to spell things exactly.  That makes me a little nervous, because life is messy, am I right?  And you gotta be willing to try without knowing how it'll turn out.  Which is risky, 'cause you might just make a big fat mess of the thing you're trying.  But this week she tried.  She wrote "I went camping."  This momma was proud.  Also, I make a big fat mess of a lot of things.

 Bebo showed up last night with new chalkboards for the girls.  Oh my stars.

 Peyton's writing is EXPLODING right now.

 This was our morning project to welcome October.  Thank you Pinterest.

 We spent some time at Lone Pine.  Jail birds.

 Standing under the Beer sign, just for daddy.



 Cow Train!

We got an ice cream cone on our way out.  The girls picked cotton candy for its bright blue and pink.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails