Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Spring Break 2012

It was glorious, but it's over. I worked a short day without students yesterday, and today we were back on for regularly scheduled learning. Yesterday's bonus was clear skies and 66 degrees. When I got home Shane and Tyler were watching the girls play in the driveway. I laid down on the pavement and soaked up a few minutes of sun. I could go for a little more of that. We rode bikes and then had dinner with the Nelson/Andersons. Here's our week together....

Discovering the Lite-Brite at Grammy Jane's

Stuffed into the baby swing

Washing carrots from Grammy Jane's garden

Looking at scrapbooks with Grandma Margie

Tea Party!

Mmmmmm....

Two Wheelin'

Libby gets glam while we let Peyton sleep a bit in the back seat. There's sunlight coming through the window in this picture, which is weird. I have no recollection of such an event.

Snuggles with Aunt Juju.

Kona

Ridin' Circles

Movies and chocolate. Thank you Aunt Susan and Uncle Kevin!

I took the girls to my classroom on Friday so I could get a few things done, and they could burn some energy in the gym. We started with Mary Poppins on the big screen and finished with bikes and scooters in the gym.

"Mom, take my picture and put it on Pinterest!" Oh my. I created this.

They played like this forever. We turned off the t.v. and I told them it was time to get creative. Pick something and do it. Color, draw, build, whatever. What better skill is there than being able to entertain yourself, right?

It rained here. A lot. Did I mention how much I love the sun?


Libby's started to show some interest in numbers, so I printed her a blank 100 chart. She surprised me, and I may have gotten a little pushy giddy over the whole thing. Their spongy little brains just amaze me. She asked about her numbers tonight and I was all, "Yeah, whatever. Only if you want to." She didn't.


Guess who has a birthday this week?

Libby got a scrapbook for her birthday and has been wanting me to print pictures for it. I finally did on our snow days before vacation. Then, I took Libby to Michael's to pick out a book for Peyton.

Peyton sleeps with her book in her bed.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails