Thursday, April 26, 2012

Breathing Deep and Finding Perspective

How cute is she?

Remember how I said I'd quit posting about my health? Yeah, I totally lied about that. I went back to see the nurse at our district clinic on Monday mostly because a doctor friend of mine suggested that maybe I don't have asthma, but instead, whooping cough. It helped that I was all kinds of wheezy for that appointment, so the nurse (who is my personal hero of the moment) was very interested in getting to the bottom of all of this. After another breathing treatment (which seemed to make things worse), swabbing my nose for whooping cough, taking blood and going for chest x-rays she called to tell me I have pneumonia, and to sleep for the next week. Well, well. Happy Birthday to me. Now, I think we might be gettin' somewhere. For now, I'm on another stair ride and on day 2 of 14 of a superbiotic that makes me ultra sensitive to the sun apparently, because my skin now has a healthy glow like I've been laying by the pool for a week. Nice little side effect.

I did go to work this morning just to drop off notes for my sub and make sure the place wasn't overthrown yet. Turns out I'm totally replaceable there. I can leave plans and another qualified individual can carry them out. Good to know. Good perspective for me, because lately I haven't been my best at work or at home. This morning though, I took two deep breaths on my inhaler and didn't even cough. Progress.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails