Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Jig is Up.

Okay, I don't know why I ever grinched about jury duty. They were very happy I came. They gave me free parking and let me bring in my Starbucks salted carmel mocha. There was a t.v. turned to The View and then Rachel Ray. They showed me a video that illustrated what an important part of our judicial system I played just by being there, even if my number wasn't called for a trial. They paid me ten dollars and made me more coffee. Aside from checking in, nobody spoke to me. No one demanded a single thing of me the whole time. Not one. I had my iPhone for company and actually Laughed Out Loud a couple of times at my friends and their funny texts. When I got bored with that, I downloaded Tina Fey's Bossypants and then read it and lol'd some more. When they dismissed me at noon, I met Shane and the girls for lunch out. Are you kidding me? Jury duty is the best kept secret on God's green Earth. A staycation of sorts. I'm calling in tonight to see if they'll let me come again tomorrow....

1 comment:

Julie said...

yup! Sounds like my jury duty experience every time. I LOVE it. hahah I may not if I ever get called.

Related Posts with Thumbnails