Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Schooooools Out for Summer!

Let me start by saying this.... School is OUT. O-U-T, OUT. Well, not for everyone, but it's out for my fifth graders. We had a fifth grade celebration ceremony today where all of the students received a certificate, but by far the best part was at the end of the day "clap out". The entire school, students, staff and fifth grade parents lined the hallways from our classrooms to the main doors by the office. Then, as our fifth graders walked their final walk down the hall and out the main doors everyone cheered for them. It was awesome. And it felt a little like they were cheering for me. Did I mention I just finished my first year back at school after being home with my girls? And did I also mention that I survived? I know, huh.

I work tomorrow, but it's all end-of-the-year wrapping up type stuff. Folders, clean up and I thought I might build some new shelves in my room. Now, I'm rethinking the shelves part. I think I'll do the required stuff and save shelf building for another day. It feels so good to be done.

Tonight the girls and I watched Tangled (thank you Grandpa Dad and Grandma Margie) and the girls are so exhausted I give them three minutes, tops, before they're out.

And guess what tomorrow is?! My baby turns three! She's dying to have a swim party "just like Lucy's!" so that will have to wait a few more weeks, I think. Anything that's not a swim party isn't going to cut it, I'm afraid. Someone has an opinion these days, and a strong one at that.

She's vocal too. Tonight, after both girls got a little demanding with me I explained to them that if they want something that they can get for themselves, the question should start with, "Mom, may I please have...." But, if they need me to get/do something for them, the sentence should start with, "Mom will you please do something for me?"

The second I said it, Peyton says, "Mommy will you please do something for me?" But what she wanted, she didn't know.

Then, at dinner Peyton interrupts Libby with, "Libby, you bossy to yo mudduh."

I bet you can guess how that went over. Libby was furious and on the verge of blowing her top. Sitting cross-armed in her chair (just like me 34 years before her), she was trying so hard not to lose it.

In an attempt (I think) to make her laugh, Peyton finished her little comedy routine with, "Libby, I going to poke your, mommy's, my eye." Then, she proceeded to poke herself in the eye and laugh hysterically.

Still, her audience didn't deliver like she'd hoped. I had to stifle my own laughter so as not to push Libby over the ledge, and Libby just tried not to fall off the ledge.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails