Friday, June 17, 2011

Little Miss Sassy Pants

Today was my last official day at work, though I still have a small task to complete next week. The girls played (well) in my classroom all morning and at the moment they're snitting at each other, tired of being together, not wanting to share anything. Did I mention tired and grumpy? And also, they're tired. And opinionated.

Anyway, I made them PB&J when we got home and put a few chips on their plate. When Libby counted her chips and then counted Peyton's she exploded at the sheer loathing I must hold for her, for I shorted her one chip. One. She had four. Peyton had five. Can you believe I'd do that? I'm evil through and through. I responded with, "You may have more if you eat all of those, and if I here you complain again, no chips." She complained again. I put her chips back in the bag.

Nuclear Meltdown.

Through Libby's screams, Peyton then says, "Mom, that's too LOUD, but I not doh-ing to freak out." I might have giggled.

Hiroshima.

I spent the next ten minutes explaining to her that the world isn't against her, Daddy and I do, in fact, love her very much. And though Peyton can be outright funny with impeccable comedic timing (cleverly) sassy, she loves you too. It's so hard to feel really big feelings. Especially the sad ones.

Oy. Over chips, people. Chips. Hellooooooo summer.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails