Monday, September 13, 2010

Surfacing for Air

It has been quite a busy few weeks. The first week I reported back to work (sans students) was the hardest. But, true to all the advice received on motherhood and working, it has gotten easier. The single determining factor that makes the whole thing work is that I know my kids are in the best hands possible. I've had a harder time adjusting than they have. This, I know for sure. I just miss them like crazy. I miss my life of the last 3 years, 279 days 12 1/2 hours and some change. But who's counting? I just really loved being home with my girls.

Thankfully, standing before elementary students feels like riding a bike. Once I've gotten all of the procedural tidbits in place that make our day run smoothly, it does. We're getting there. Not to mention how lucky I am to be working with some women who understand my tendency to boo hoo. ....and they don't make me stop.

But, enough about that. Today I managed to get home reasonably early and have the afternoon I thought possible even as a working mom. We (in Libby's words "my whole family!" and in Shane's words "a wolf pack of four" (a nod to the movie "The Hangover")) jumped on the trampoline, took the girls to the park, went to dinner at Dickie Joe's and finished the night at the Nelsons. Perfect. Just the kind of thing we'd do when I wasn't working.

So, I guess working doesn't mean giving up what I love, just sharing who I love. I was never good at sharing....

And hey, Shane was behind the camera for a change. I like having pics with my girls.


Static Heads.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails