Sunday, September 5, 2010

New Toy

It's been a big week for us. So many transitions and somehow we survived it all. Shane stayed home with the girls on my first official day back to work. Then, on Wednesday they played at a friend's house. Thursday and Friday Grammy Jane was in charge and then the Dover's came for the game weekend. On Saturday the girls and I made a new purchase for the backyard. Assembly was a team effort after the game, and we've been jumping ever since....
On the flip side, I think Libby is feeling the magnitude of all of the changes we've just handed to her. Besides my return to work, she started preschool this week and has spent a fair amount of time in time-out. This morning just after my family left, she got upset and threw a bottle of gummy vitamins across the floor in anger. Then, she picked it up and threw it again. I sent her to time-out where she screamed so loud I had to close the doors. When I came to get her she said, "Mom, I don't like you telling me not to..... not to...... um, what did I do?" Every action of the moment seems to be a reaction. Sigh.

I've been working on school stuff this weekend against my better judgement. I can't help it. It's been a while, and others seem more confident in my teaching ability than I am. So, I'm relying on my ability to organize. That'll get me through the first day, right? That and a smile? Can you sense my nerves? I'll let you know how it goes....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails