Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Visit to the ER

We didn't have our best start yesterday. Libby stood on the stool in the bathroom so I could comb her hair before we left to run errands. She slipped off of the stool and hit her chin on the counter on the way down. The doctor said she likely bit her lip putting a cut on the outside and sinking a few teeth into the inside. She's got some glue holding the outside cut together, and the lip itself should heal up fine. I learned this, however: cuts in the mouth really bleed. I mean REALLY bleed. Thankfully, as we were pulling out of the driveway Melissa, my neighbor across the street was also on her way out. I pulled into her driveway and asked her to take a look at Libby's lip. She did and agreed that taking her in was a good idea. So I did. Thank you Melissa! When you have a three year old who is bleeding it's hard to know if you're overreacting or underreacting. Though, we were sure Peyton would be the one to land us in the ER, it turns out that you can NEVER be sure you've got this parenting thing figured out. Libby's healing up, and even milking it, I think. That's my girl.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails