Sunday, September 13, 2009

Feelin' Fall

It most definitely feels like fall.  The morning air is much cooler, school has started and the one year countdown on my stay-at-home life has begun ticking.  My family was here this weekend for Duck Football.  I went to the game with my mom, and we cheered on our Ducks who were much less embarrassing this week.  This morning was the best kind of chaos that only happens on Sunday morning after a football game.  Shane and Jim made a grocery run.  The kids played, chased, squealed, dog piled, laughed and the rest of us drank coffee and read the paper.  Great way to spend a weekend.  Here's a snapshot of our last two weeks.....

Julane took the girls for a few days in Bend and then I picked them up and we spent some time at Grammy Jane's.  Peyton has her first "hot chocolate toast" and seems to be a fan of dipping.
Breakfast with the boys.  Beaver jerseys noted.
Peyton loves the doorway jumper.
We came home early on a Monday so Shane could spend his day off with the girls.  Libby loves two games with her dad.  One is chase, and the other is called "go to sleep".  They basically pile as many pillows and blankets on the floor as they can find.  Then, if one catches the other with eyes open they say, "go to sleep."  I don't really get it, but the gist of it is that Libby is not more than an inch away from her daddy who she adores.  Libby doesn't seem to mind that sometimes Shane actually does fall asleep.
Our little climber has discovered stools.  And heights once unattainable are now at her fingertips.
Libby starts dance class on Tuesday.  She can't wait.  She doesn't correctly use the word "can't" yet, so she says, "I don't can wait!"  Grammy Jane sent us home last time with a dress that she wore for a tap recital when she was four.  My Grammy Pearl made it.  Libby put it on and said, "Mom, just like Annie."  She loved it, but I wouldn't let her wear it for too long as the fabric is a bit fragile.  Check out that smile...
Libby handed down the tutu she usually dances in so Peyton could join the party.
Scaling walls...
The girls and I spent a morning at Honeyman State Park while Shane was fishing.  It was about 75 degrees with no wind and it was empty.  We had a great time splashing in Cleowox lake and then walked a little of the path that goes around the lake.
The self discovery of a two year old.
Shane at the end of a day of fishing.  Grunden was a boat dog on this day.
We got home and needed some down time.  Even if we're only gone for two days at a time it's always great to get home and unwind.  The girls need time with their own toys and things, and I need a home that's bigger than our trailer.  I blew up the airbed and the girls had a blast. Peyton just tries to hold her ground on the mattress, while Libby jumps onto it from the couch. So fun.  Here they are playing a little game we call diiiiiiiiiipeeeeeeeeeeeee heads!
Peyton takes some time to conquer Mr. Potato Head.  She actully gets the idea and can get some of the pieces to hold in place.  Brilliant ;)
Making a mess of my thread.  She was having so much fun, that I knew it would be a meltdown when I took it away.  I quickly got breakfast together and distracted her with pancakes and sausage.
I just got the booster seat out of storage so I can fed the girls at the counter.  Still, I put a second barstool behind Peyton because I'm not convinced that she won't tip herself over backward.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails