Sunday, September 27, 2009

Daddy's Days Off

Peyton is a guzzler.  Loves her milk.  I actually worry that she gets most of her nutrition from bottles, because she loves the stuff, and isn't a big eater otherwise.  Here I had just finished a morning scramble.  Eggs, sausage, hash browns and cheese.  Does it get better?  Peyton threw it on the floor and grabbed her bottle. Sigh.  Grunden and I are both practicing patience in this picture....
More patience from Grunden.  Now, THAT is a good dog.
We've recently had some unbelievable weather for the Oregon Coast.  This day was about 70 degrees and no wind.  
Sandy girls.
A new haircut...
More great weather at the coast.  Here we played lakeside.  The girls were soaked, happy and exhausted.  

We spent some time on the dunes before heading down to play in the surf.  I have no pictures of playing in the waves because I can't take my eyes off of the girls for one second.  Libby, who didn't even want to walk down to the water kept saying, "Mom, I'm having so much fun!"
Heading home....

Libby uses the remote to try to make Peyton disappear.

Shane had three days off this week and we were all in heaven!  
Bottle girl.
Libby and Daddy color together.
Rough housing....
I wish you could hear her squeal!  So delighted with herself!
Future cheerleader?
Peyton's piggies.  We took pictures just before cutting them off to put in her baby book.  It's hard to do, but Peyton's hair was getting thin.  She pulls it out when she's upset and when she's sleepy.  Not the tension reliever I'd have chosen, but I guess it's better than beating her forehead on the floor...?

Cute even without pigtails.
Riding tandem.
Libby loves this pair of heels, that I haven't worn since working.  They are so loud on the floor, so I understand her fascination.
Ready for school?
Swing time at Grammy Jane's...
My mom took the bottom off of her birdhouse to remove the nest that a family of birds built in it last spring.  Libby was so curious.
New friends.  These are some finger puppets Julane bought for the girls at The High Desert Museum.  Libby loves her "turkeypine and stink".

1 comment:

Lindy said...

Beans- I love your pictures. The girls are so stinkin cute. I just want to eat them up!! They are growing way to fast. I love your blog. Lou

Related Posts with Thumbnails