Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Weekend

Happy Easter from our family to yours....  As I'm sitting here writing the girls are napping and I'm in the sun on the back deck.  Oh sun, I've missed you.

Peyton finds a new toy to play with.  She might have a little tomboy in her.
Libby works diligently at Grammy Pearl's roll top desk.  Julane and I played at this desk when we were little.  I wrote our names in the back of it.   I was busted because I turned my Js backwards.  A dead giveaway.
Libby decorates an egg on Saturday.  She wanted to taste the dye so we let her.  She liked it and wanted more.
Getting crazy with the boys.  Libby and Jayden ran wild all over the front yard while my mom and Jamison played (I think) a game of horse.
On Sunday morning we went to church with the Dovers and my dad and Grandma Margie. Then, Shane met up with us in time for brunch at the golf club.  This picture was taken after we ate but before the egg hunt.  Libby was ready, but when the Easter Bunny came out she wanted no part of that.  
Give me the go!
Peyton joins in the hunt.
Daddy is proud of his girls.
A family photo op.  These are harder to come by than you'd imagine.
Bubbles have become a before dinner tradition at Grammy Jane's house.  Check out those bubbles!
Peytie was all smiles balancing between the ball and the barstool behind her.  The first time she let go we all gasped.  We couldn't believe she could stand without holding on.  Then, we realized she was leaning against the stool behind her.  A little trickster.
On Tuesday as I was loading the car to go home my mom and the girls all piled into a box for some last minute fun.  How many grandmas do you know who'd pile into a cardboard box with two kids?  The blanket was the final touch on the fort.
Peyton stands for everything.  Two days after she started crawling she stood.  She's starting to let go with one hand.  It won't be long.....
Let me at 'em!

2 comments:

Anna I. said...

Love the family picture! I know all about how rare that is! It's amazing that there are any pictures of me anywhere given that I'm always the one with the camera! Love the picture of Peyton with the truck too. And I'm always so jealous of how cute the little girl Easter stuff is...they just don't do it quite so cute for the boys.

Unknown said...

I can feel ya on the family picture comment. I have a folder in My Pictures called "The 4 of Us", let me just tell you it is nearly empty. When you get a good one with the whole gang, you have to treasure it.

I have actually started getting kinda pushy about making people take our pictures when we are together as a family. I think it is the only way to get it done. No one is going to offer!

P.S. We will be in OR June 20-July 23rd
P.P.S We have a guest room, so come on over!

Related Posts with Thumbnails