Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It has been quite a week. Grammy Pearl is still in pretty rough shape after a fall last week and a fractured hip. We did move her last Friday from the hospital to Hospice House and Hospice has been really great. She has a beautiful yard outside her room with a creek and waterfalls. It even has a playground for Libby.....genius. I much prefer the yard at Hospice to the third floor of the hospital. Though Libby loved running around both. We're still "up in the air" so to speak about the best place for Grammy long term, but my mom and Julane are meeting with the people of Hospice this week to have her evaluated so we can make the best decision. These are never easy decisions to make and I know how fortunate I am that my family is rallying together, so none of us feels alone. Tough stuff.

I took this picture a few weeks ago. I took Libby's foot stool out of the kitchen because she uses it to get into EVERYTHING. That didn't phase her. She just uses her high chair now, which is probably an entire foot higher. Now she can get on top of the refrigerator if she wants to.

Go Ducks! My family came for the Boise State game. Bummer of an outcome.

Our littlest Duck fan.

Reading books at bedtime with daddy.

Peyton smiles at Grandpa. Libby calls him Papa!

This is at Aunt JuJu's house. Libby loved hitting Jamison and Jayden with the sword.

Libby swings on the big girls swing at Grammy Jane's and gives the baby swing to her sister.

Peyton didn't seem too sure about swinging.

This was our swing set when we were little girls. Now our kids are playing on it together.

Libby has a banana in Grammy Pearls room at the hospital. She spent a lot of time sitting in this spot watching the construction going on outside. She especially loved watching the crane swing around.

We went for a walk on Friday night and met my friend Mo and her son Will for dinner at Red Robin. It was a gorgeous night, but it's starting to feel like fall.



A Saturday afternoon nap in the swing.

I have so many pictures like this because Libby wants to see the pictures on my camera right after they're taken. I'm lucky if I can take one picture before she runs toward me to see it.

Before we left on Sunday we got to see Jayden play in his football game. He's the one with the long stride.

Libby cheers on her cousin from her perch on Aunt JuJu's lap.

On Sunday night we got home a few hours before Shane. Immediately when I walked into the house I got the feeling that something wasn't quite right. The chairs around the dining room table were moved into a line in front of the patio doors. I called Shane and asked him if he'd moved them this way. He said he didn't, and that they weren't like this on Thursday when he'd been home. He'd sat at the table. CREEPY! He called our friend Nelson to see if he'd moved them. He hadn't. Now, I know I wouldn't have moved them into this formation before we left because I generally like to have the house in order before I leave so that it's clean when I get home. We were SO weirded out! So, we decided that the only thing to do was to change the locks on the house the next day.....

Fast forward to Monday morning. Shane made coffee and we were watching the Today show and just enjoying being home together. I was sitting in the recliner feeding Peyton and Libby is running around in her pajamas. Then, it happens. Libby takes one chair and backs it into the corner. Then, she goes for another. She carefully rotated the third one and backed it against the first two. Then, she carefully places the fourth one. Thank goodness! We have our little culprit! Needless to say, we didn't change the locks. :)

Sleepy swinger.

Tummy time.

It's good to be with daddy.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails