Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summer's Here....

I'm pretty sure my offspring are plotting a coup.

Paranoid, I know. I felt this way a year ago too. I remember blissfully easing into the hot sand and cool waters of summer after wrapping my end-of-the-year school duties only to wonder in the first hour why summer was no fun at all. Eventually it was great, but not the first week. This time of year takes some serious readjusting for everyone. We have to get our family bearings all over again. Currently, I'm getting my bearings while the girls are spending some quiet time on separate beds. In separate rooms. This, after Child A spit in the face of Child B, who tried to pick up the package of crackers that Child A was eating from. You might be surprised to know who was the spitter. Let's just say when anyone is eating crackers in this house, if you would like to have one also, it would behoove you to please ask first. Unless you like the soggy, sprayed-in-your-face with screaming variety. It seems we have an abundance of those.

-or-

We will work on our manners with our sister. We will cool our jets. We will role play. We will walk away when necessary. We will practice how not to explode for a sister who loves (and who's an expert at) lighting the fuse, all the while looking angelically innocent.

Wish me luck.
Send us a prayer.
Or both.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails