Thursday, June 28, 2012

Making Lemonade Outta Lemons

The girls came across an article in Family Fun Magazine that gave a million examples of fun things to make out of cardboard. So, when Libby went with Shane to get bait today, she insisted on saving the four cardboard boxes it came in. Then, my little entrepreneurs set up a lemonade stand....

Cute, right? Except for the 56 times Peyton yelled, "WHO WANTS TO BUY SOME LEMONADE!?!?" at the top of her lungs. Truth is, business is slow here inside our house. Also, it's raining outside.

To make matters worse, a competitor moved in....

...so Peyton moved her stand and decided to specialize in cuteness.

As I sat down with my computer, Libby was working on jazzing up her stand with additional signs, banners, play money and has decided to add coffee and beer as beverage options. Peyton, trying to keep up with sister, sat down at the table and asked me how to make triangles. I told her to draw three dots and then connect them with lines. She sighed, look put out and replied, "I don't know how to do that. I'm just gunna dwaw a chicken." Right. 'Cause that's easier. Now, she's yelling, "TOCK-A-DOODLE-DO! TOCK-A-DOODLE-DO!" I think I'm going to go check out my beverage options.....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails