Sunday, May 13, 2012

Word to All You Mothers....

I love Mother's Day, and this was my best one yet. Shane told me he had something planned and I knew exactly what. We started with church and then breakfast at....
This is a favorite Sunday breakfast spot when the weather gets good. This morning, the sun was out and campus was alive with activity.



Peyton always looks like she's hiding a secret. And she might be. We haven't figured out what, though.

After breakfast, a walk through campus.

Some running too.





After burning some energy on campus we took the girls to the park where we ran into friends. Now, as I'm sitting at the table writing, the girls are doing this....

Perfect.

You know those days where you look back and remember how perfect a day was? Vacations are like that too. Don't get me wrong. I love vacation. But even on vacation every moment isn't blissful. And though it's not, we look back and remember that it was. I don't think an entire week of bliss is even possible. But a day definitely is.

I'll end with this because some postings on facebook today reminded me how much I love Tina Fey's book Bossypants, and the very best part of that book A Prayer For All Mothers. Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails