Monday, July 19, 2010

Shasta 2010

A picture is worth a thousand words, so I'll let my camera speak for me. This one's a(nother) novel....

Mt. Shasta from I5

We went to bed late the first night, and Peyton wasn't interested in sleeping. Shane went to check on her after awhile and tuck her in...... again. When he jumped (literally) back into bed, the whole thing collapsed. With me in it. I rolled onto the floor. All we could do was laugh. I slept in the other bed with the girls and Shane slept on the couch.

The next morning Shane took the bunk apart with an axe he borrowed from my dad. It's better without the bed, anyway.

Shasta has been a great vacation over the years, but last year's discovery that there are Black Widows had me a little freaked out. Lots of Black Widows. Did I mention that they eat their own mate? And bite people who then get very very sick? We came equipped with spider spray this year and I looked in all the nooks and crannies before setting up camp. We did kill one under my dad's table. This one was in the light box a few camp sights over. Blech. Isn't she horrible? And menacing? And poisonous.

This dog and his owners walked by one night and I asked if I could take a picture. Are you kidding me? Look at those ears...

Girl time with Aunt JuJu


My water babies


This is how you tolerate temperatures over 100 degrees.









Worn out


This is about how clean the girls were all week.

Air time


Jamison on the rope swing

Peyton's pretty unfazed by a time out in the trailer.


Peyton's first Pop Rocks. Loved 'em.

Peyton lovin' on Jersey

Happy Birthday Jamison! Twelve years old!

Drivin'

Libby somersaults on the lawn at Lilly's in Mt. Shasta City.

Monkey see. Monkey do.

We had a flat on the trailer on the way home. The first in two years. Our hero changed it and we were home 20 minutes later.

it's always good to be home....

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I am cracking up picturing you roll out of the bed. Way to go, Shane!

Related Posts with Thumbnails