Monday, July 5, 2010

God Bless America!

Peyton has just learned to lay down in the tub and let me wash her hair. She's fairly relaxed about getting her face wet, even. Maybe she'll be a little fish.

This is Peyton on the way to the parade staging area. The Pet Parade has been a family tradition since I roller skated with my dog Hippie when I was (probably) seven years old. For this year's parade we brought our cat and our mouse....




Peyton spotted my family and made a bee line for them. Focus was not her strong suit and Shane spent a lot of the parade retrieving her from whoever she'd run into. She peddled those little legs as fast as they'd go, she just forgot to watch where she was going.




Popsicles for parade finishers.


Heading into the park with Jayden.

Peyton and animals.... Like a moth to a flame.

This is my dad. This photo speaks for itself, don't you think? I've heard the Bend Bulletin ran a similar picture.

Long time friends... Julie, Stacy, Hollie and Me.




Back at my mom's house for a bar-b-que and fireworks.


Nancy sparkles.

Peyton was a bit wary of the fireworks and the noise that came with them.

Getting into the groove of the holiday.

Watching the fireworks.

We had to drive home late last night so we'd be home today for Libby's first day of dinosaur camp. She loved it by the way, which was such a relief for me. Shane dropped her off and teared up at the notion that his big girl is big enough for this. Her teacher said she loved it, and said she never shed a tear. She made a fossil and a dinosaur mask. She told us she'd made friends, but couldn't remember some of their names. She ate her lunch that Daddy packed for her. She came home with a stack of envelopes she called her "mail" and she and my friend Julie spent some time this afternoon making a mailbox to put in her room. She did know a couple of people going into this experience, but all in all this was a bigger adjustment for her mom and dad than anyone. I told her over and over today how proud of her I am. I really am. The look on her face isn't about not wanting to go to camp. She was annoyed at me for wanting to take her picture when they were trying to get out the door.
Shane dropped Libby off at camp and when he came back Peyton first heard the garage door and said, "iiiiiiiiiibbyyyyyyyy", "iiiiiiiiiiiibbyyyyyyyy." "iiiiiiiiibbyyyyyy." She wasn't expecting Libby to be anywhere other than with her dad. Luckily, my friend Julie's staying with us for a few days, and Peyton made her her playmate. Then, she moved on to Grunny.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails