Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Under the Weather

The girls and I were sick last week. We only had colds, but I'm thinking this is a cold and flu season I don't want any part of! Ugh. We're feeling better now, so the girls and I had a quick trip to Bend on Sunday to check out one side of our duplex that just became vacant. Do you know anyone in Bend who needs to rent? Give 'em our number! It's move in ready...

Here's a picture of Shane and the girls last week when he got home from hunting. They didn't mind that he was filthy. Just so happy that Daddy was home.
Peyton wishing Daddy would come inside...
Libby and I decorated cupcakes last week for our friend Becky's birthday. We saved a few for ourselves. I didn't see her do it, but noticed later that Libby had added her own touch to a few...
It got very quiet one afternoon and I went looking for Libby. She was in my bathroom. More specifically, she was INTO my bathroom bag. When I came around the corner she said, "Mom, I found your lip chap! (Chapstick)" What she'd really found was my mascara. Here's the result.
Watching Daddy mow...
Okay. It's official. I am a certifiably insane stage mother. Somebody stop me or I just might put my kids in pageants. Libby's dance teacher asked if anyone might be willing to help with costumes for next week's recital. She wanted the kids dressed as pumpkins. I found a cute pattern on Martha Stuart's website and figured out a design for the hat on my own. Then, I found a king sized flannel sheet set from Target in orange. Who sleeps on orange sheets? After I'd finished five costumes it occurred to me that Libby's dance teacher has two sessions of "Twinkle Toes", kids ages 2-4. When I called to ask her this, I found out in fact, she has THREE sessions. So 10 pumpkins later (yep, that's 15 total) the costumes are done and they're ready to dance. By the way, Libby hates her pumpkin costume. I'm hoping she'll put it on for the recital. I had to bribe her with candy to get this picture:
Here's our duplex. Let us know if you have a renter for us. :)
The girls at my mom's. This picture reminds me of Julane and I. We spent lots of time in front of this chalkboard as kids. And go figure, I turned out to be a teacher. huh.

1 comment:

Lindy said...

Beans- The Pumpkin costume is darling...I LOVE it. I wanted Sal to be a pumpkin for Halloween but could not find the right costume. You are AMAZING!!! You need to sew for a living. You could sell those. Love you, Lou

Related Posts with Thumbnails