Thursday, May 28, 2009

Astoria

We had a great Memorial Day weekend in Astoria.  My mom came up with her new little camp trailer, which I can't believe I didn't get a picture of!  Jim, Julane, Jamison and Jayden came up on Friday night.We had so much fun!  The girls got mouths full of sand, but loved the beach.

I took this picture last week.  Libby loves olives, so I opened a can to put some on a quesadilla (sp?) She She skipped the rest and basically had olives for dinner.
Peyton is our little blonde.  I couldn't resist getting out the camera after I put Libby's bow in her hair.  What a girl!
Fun in the tub.
Oh. For. Cute.  Libby is so sweet to Peyton....most of the time.
This is our camp site in Astoria.  The girls loved playing in the rocks.  When you're camping you make your own fun right?  Rocks it is.
Libby loves to get in a snuggle with Peyton when she's having a bottle.  She can't resist.  I can almost hear Peytie, "Seriously, mom.  Can you get her off me?"
A quick hike with Grammy Jane.  We drove around Fort Stevens State Park where my mom and Julane's family camped.  Mom and Libby went and checked out this battery (huge cement structures left there from WWII.)  Then, on Memorial day we looked at some others that are right at the mouth of the Columbia river.  It's here that soldiers kept watch for Japanese ships that might try to come up the river. 
First day on the beach. It was windy, but still fun.  My mom brought sleds for the dunes (who's the biggest kid?).  They didn't go fast, but we had fun trying.

A trip into Seaside with all four kids.  They loved it.  It was warm and without much wind.  All four of them fell asleep in the car on the way back to Astoria.  That is, after a stop at Dairy Queen.


This kid is a junkie for pop.  We try not to let her near the stuff.

Family camp at Fort Stevens.


S'mores.

If you've never stopped at this fountain in Wilsonville you must.  Great spot for kids and we had it to ourselves on the way home.  Libby loved running through it, and Peyton would've gone swimming if we'd let her.

I got this picture out of order.  Favorite camp breakfast.  Bagels with cream cheese and Antone's raspberry jam.  Thanks Antone!
We were so glad to be home!  The girls were so excited to see their toys.  Here's Peytie with a little trick she picked up from Grunden.
Getting ready to swim.
Playtime in Libby's crib before bed.  They were all giggles tonight jumping like little monkeys. I can almost smell the clean on Peyton just by looking at her flyaway hair in this picture.  There is something so great about clean babies!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What is it with kids and olives? I can totally remember doing that myself and both my girls do too.

I'm jealous of your family camping trip. We plan to camp a bit this summer and I can't wait.

Related Posts with Thumbnails