Thursday, March 12, 2009

Chef Libby

We were gone most of last week for the Oregon Expression Session, an alpine snowboarding event held every year at Mt. Bachelor.  Shane put his season pass to good use, and I considered getting back on my board, but got overwhelmed by how much work it would be to prepare to be away from Peyton for that long.  So I bagged it and decided I'd get back on my board next year.  Anyway, we're back home and it's always good to sleep in our own bed.

Peyton drinks water (sort of) from a sippy cup.
Libby makes a face at me that she says the boys (Jamison and Jayden) taught her how to do.
My mom and I took the girls up the butte last Thursday.  This picture doesn't do justice to the blizzard that was swirling around us.  It was taken on the north side, out of the wind, which is why Libby isn't in the stroller.  Trust me, it was a blizzard.  Still, Libby was dying to walk, so when we got out of the wind, out she came.  As soon as we hit the wind she wanted me to carry her and had a total meltdown when I explained her choices (walk or ride).  She rode and then walked again when we got near the car at the bottom.  She always talks about walking the butte, so naturally we walked it on the coldest, windiest day of the year.  We might do it again in July.
Peyton wants to crawl so bad, and in this picture it looks like she is.  Not quite though, and she's getting frustrated with her immobility.
Just chillin'.
Yeah cottage cheese!  She loves the stuff.
Peytie was less than thrilled that her sister wanted to listen to her heartbeat.  Libby loved the stethoscope she found in Grammy Jane's toy box.
Peas please!
Peytie cranes her neck to see what's on t.v.
Libby poured her own bowl of bee grahams this morning.  There wasn't a one left in the box.
Chef Libby gets ready to help me in the kitchen.
Making Cowboy Caviar with me.  She loved seeing what I was doing, and talking about my every move.  She called the tomatoes apples, put in the salt, and stirred like crazy.  It was so fun to hang out doing a real task.  My baby is not such a baby these days.
Eating chips and dips in front of daddy's laptop.  She's watching Annie which is a total obsession, and a good obsession to have if you ask me.  She actually loves it when I sing the songs to her and asks me to sing louder.  That's a first.  When I tell her, "I love you Libby."  She responds with, "I love you Daddy Warbucks."  And she thinks it's hysterical to call me Miss Hannigan.  I've even caught her scrubbing the floor in the spirit of Hard Knock Life.  When she wakes up in the morning often her first words are, "Watch Annie."  I've thought of introducing other movies, but the truth is I love Annie.  She'll discover soon enough that there are others out there, so for now I'm just enjoying the ride.  Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow.....

I'll end with this....Peyton has a few long stretches of sleep in the last week even going eleven hours twice.  So, tonight for the first time, the girls are sharing a room.  Here's hoping for a good night's sleep.  Though, what seemed fun during the light of day to Libby totally threw her for a loop at bedtime, and I really think she wanted Peyton out of there.  I'm hoping this will be a good thing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love little chef Libby! So cute!

victorxVANz said...

That is so funny how Libby was cooking and I'm a student from miss. chambless

Related Posts with Thumbnails