Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Potty Training

The scene before me as I sit here on the floor is one naked toddler clearly unhappy about sitting on the potty. I'm traveling back and forth between thinking it's REALLY time to start peeing on the potty, and wondering if I'm pushing her into something that would better evolve on it's own. At the current moment she's pushing away her sippy cup, whining "no" and "Jenny" (she has just discovered that we have names other than mommy and daddy).

The fourth pair of dry pants and Elmo underwear sitting next to me are an indication of how things have gone so far this morning.... I have peeled off three pair of soaked pants, and mopped up three pee puddles. We're about to put on pair four. Now she's crying and WAILING "Jenneeeeeeeey, Jenneeeeey, Jenneeeeeeeeeeeeeee....."

Hold on. I have an idea. I'm going to move the potty in front of some cartoons. I'll be back.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails