Monday, November 18, 2013

It Matters More About Love

"It matters more about love" is something Peyton says regularly.  It's not a statement, but a question, really.  When she says it she's trying to gauge the present situation.  What she really wants to know is that no matter the topic, love is more important, right?  It can be anything.  Tonight, when I asked her how long she brushed and she replied with, "half of what's in the timer", I reminded her that this is exactly half of the time that she's expected to brush.  I lectured on like any good parent about how her teeth are an important part of her and so it would serve her well to keep them.  Brushing well will accomplish this.... yada yada yada....  Also, I knew she rushed just so she could get her mitts on the iPad.  Grrrrr. I'm a fan of my iPad, except for the part about how it's killing everything good about society as we know it.  I practiced some self control and did not start in on that lecture.  As she shuffled her buns to the bathroom to put her flouride away she asked, "It mattuhs more about love than wotten teeth, wight mom?"

I mean, it's true.  I'd love her no matter which part of her was wotten....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails